On 16/02/07, Arjen de Korte <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The server is reporting that it didn't hear from the server for 0 seconds,
which means that elapsed must be less than 1. So maxage must be smaller
than that, it can never be 60. Maybe the value is parsed incorrectly, so
could you try commenting out the MAXAGE parameter from upsd.conf and see
if that changes anything?

I have tried commenting it out again - it has made no difference.  If
I rename the file to something else upsd won't start so I know it's
reading the right file.

root# grep MAX upsd.conf
# MAXAGE <seconds>
# MAXAGE 60
root# ../sbin/upsd -DDDDD -u root
Network UPS Tools upsd 2.1.0
listen_add: added 0.0.0.0:3493
listening on 0.0.0.0 port 3493
Connected to UPS [mge-nova]: mge-nova
Pinging UPS [mge-nova]
Pinging UPS [mge-nova]
sstate_dead: didn't hear from driver for UPS [mge-nova] for 0 seconds
Data for UPS [mge-nova] is stale - check driver
Pinging UPS [mge-nova]
sstate_dead: didn't hear from driver for UPS [mge-nova] for 0 seconds
sstate_dead: didn't hear from driver for UPS [mge-nova] for 0 seconds
sstate_dead: didn't hear from driver for UPS [mge-nova] for 0 seconds
Pinging UPS [mge-nova]
sstate_dead: didn't hear from driver for UPS [mge-nova] for 0 seconds
^Csstate_dead: didn't hear from driver for UPS [mge-nova] for 0 seconds
Signal 2: exiting
root# mv upsd.conf foo
root# ../sbin/upsd -DDDDD -u root
Network UPS Tools upsd 2.1.0
stat /usr/local/ups/etc/upsd.conf: No such file or directory
root#

The interval between thing 'Pinging UPS' messages seems to be roughly
5 seconds.  Can I debug the parsing of the config file?

Cheers,

Rob