On Tue, 16 May 2017, Dinow Hsieh wrote:

BB. Could you show us the output of command "upsc pcmups"?

==> Yes. Below 2 mode were the outputs of command "upsc pcmups"

battery.charge: 100
battery.charge.low: 10
battery.charge.warning: 30
battery.date: 2010/12/20
ups.date: 2010/12/20
ups.load: 4
ups.status: OB DISCHRG

Is this battery really 6.5 years old? Is this part of the problem? One would not expect such a battery to support any load. I notice that during the test, you have little or no load, since despite being in state OB DISCHRG the battery.charge is still 100. It's best to perform such tests with a dummy load such as a table lamp and an old fashioned incandescent 100 watt bulb.

ups.delay.shutdown: 20
ups.delay.start: 60

I wonder where the ups.delay.start: 60 comes from. The NUT default value is 30 secs, and you do not change the value in ups.conf.

DD. Does wall successfully notify the users on an Ubuntu system?   If you
type

    echo "Hello from wall" | wall

do the users of Gnome, KDE, LXDE, LightDM etc see the message?

==> Yes. I used the putty and got below 3 messages
(Battery Power / Power Resotre / and type commands directly)

D3. Broadcast Message from dinow-Al
        (/dev/pts/0) at 11:02 ...

Hello from wall

I'm guessing that this output is in an xterm window or something similar. It shows that wall is working but does not show that the wall->Gnome, wall->KDE, wall->LXDE, wall->LightDM interfaces are working. Does a Ubuntu user with no xterm window open see the message as part of the system notifications?

Roger