Chris Stephens wrote:
I have this line in src/plugin/build.xml under the deploy section:

<ant dir="custom-meta" target="deploy" />

The plugin is compiling ok. I spent several days getting errors on compile and investing how to port them to 0.8.

Ok, I've also added nutch-extensionpoints to the beginning of plugin.includes. So for yours it would be:

<value>nutch-extensionpoints|protocol-http|urlfilter-regex|parse-(text|html|js)|index-basic|query-(basic|site|url)|summary-basic|scoring-opic|custom-meta</value>

And usually in plugin.xml there is:

<requires>
   <import plugin="nutch-extensionpoints"/>
</requires>

HTH

Jonathan Addison wrote:
Hi Chris,

Chris Stephens wrote:
I think I finally have my plugin ported to 0.8, however I cannot get my plugin to load.

My plugin.includes file in conf/nutch-site.xml has the following for its plugin.includes value:

<value>protocol-http|urlfilter-regex|parse-(text|html|js)|index-basic|query-(basic|site|url)|summary-basic|scoring-opic|custom-meta</value>

My plugin is the 'custom-meta' entry at the end.

My plugin never shows up in the Registered Plugins list in the hadoop.log, and lines in my plugin that run logger.info never show up as well. Is there a step I am missing with 0.8, what should I do next to debug the problem?
Have you also added your plugin to plugin/build.xml?

Thank you,

Chris Stephens

--
Jonathan Addison                                 jon<at>wyona.com