<offtopic>
In Soviet Russia, the router hacks you!
In United States, you hack the router!
</offtopic>

I'm in the middle of fidding with the WRT54G/GS.  It's amazing what you
can do with a sub-$100 piece of equipment, given the proper source code.

I guess my beef with the Wireless industry in general was the lack of
upgradability for WPA/TKIP for existing cards.  Every vendor was claiming
that they'd come up with the upgrade, then...  I guess the marketing
department got the best of this situation, and forced us all to buy new
stuff to get that feature.

My other beef is Atheros' apparent lack of "good neighbor" policy with
their "108mbps" chipset.  Instead of using two nonoverlapping frequency,
they had to use all _three_.  I strongly discourage everyone from buying
108mbps-based products, because you _will_ make your neighbors unhappy
when you interfere with their ability to get wireless.

I'm at a loss as to what cards to recommend to clients.  I used to swear
by the Lucent/Agere/Proxim Orinoco (Hermes I) cards, but now I have no
idea what cards have decent drivers, utilities, and performance anymore,
especially in the 802.11g arena.

Anyway, I'll get off the shoebox for a while.

Kevin "Starfox" Arima