On Sun, 13 Feb 2005, Emre Celebi wrote:

> I agree, installing today's cellular system in subways is a bad idea.
> Think about amount of radiaton you'll expose people in. All cars have
> metallic case, it won't work well unless you install a device within
*plonk* Cars are not faraday cages. If they were, you wouldn't get
reception in above-ground subway.

> each, or unless you fry people into mutants. Would you want a cellular
> base station installed in your room? Little exaggerated, but not far
> from reality.
Yes, very far from reality. You are very welcome to wear tinfoil hats
while riding subway.

> Unless very low power, higher capacity wireless communication
> technologies are used, I'm against it. As a start, wifi can be used for
> internet access, delay tolerant messaging, and everyone will benefit p2p
> technologies.
Nothing a tinfoil hat with built-in soothing music-playing headphones
can't solve for you.

> I believe, majority of people would prefer private messaging in public
> places, if they have the option. Finally, nobody would tolerate the
> Lombard effect.
Majority of people can't tell their head from their ass. That's no
argument.

-alex