The photographers shown in Rob's video were not the only instances.
This photographer:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-BqOGEhoql4A/Ty8zKetR49I/AAAAAAAABLo/NhfyRUrXTrE/s1600/BozoBirdPhotographer_W5G7596.jpg
was walking all over the dune area too in pursuit of the owls as of
8:30am.  One of the owls may have flushed as a result, although they
were also observed moving independently.  I also have a photograph of
this guy's SUV and NY license plate.

Birders need to understand that bird photographers are parasitic of
the sightings on this list (this particular photographer was aware of
the original NYSBirds-L post).

Phil Jeffrey