3/18/12 to 3/19/12 Long Lake (northern Hamilton County)

I have to go through more steps to send email when I am out of town, so I hope
this makes it to the lists.  I am on a two-week college tour across the US with
my younger son, but my husband reported that a Northern Saw-whet Owl vocalized
ALL night outside our Long Lake house last night.  (He asked me what owl
species sings the same note over and over and over ... and sounds like a truck
backing up!)  He said it was so annoying (to him) that he almost closed the
window!  I wish I had been home to hear that wonderful sound!

Migration from the car has been remarkable: accipters, buteos, eagles,
vultures, and snow geese... fill the skies as I drive.  I've enjoyed the sounds
of Killdeer during the day and night.

Joan Collins
Long Lake, NY