They say if you build it, they will come. NYBG created a Native Plant Garden,
last May, and on today's bird walk we spotted a LARK SPARROW in the new garden!
Martin Carney - you were right!  Also at the Native Plant Garden;  Chestnut
sided and Common Yellowthroat.

Spotted in ONE large tree over the Bronx River:
Eastern Phoebe-1
Eastern wood peewee-1
Rose breasted grosbeak
American goldfinch-3
Great crested flycatcher-1
Red eyed vireo-3
Hairy woodpecker-2
Downy woodpecker-2
Northern flicker-3
Red bellied woodpecker -2
Black and white warbler-2
Grackle-1
Mourning doves-2
Blue jay-1
White breasted nuthatch-2
Scarlet tanager -1
Chipping sparrow-1
Song sparrow-1
Wood thrush-1
American robin-1
Catbird-1
The bird watchers called the tree "magic" and so it was!

On Twin Lakes
Solitary Sandpiper -2
Belted kingfisher -1
Cardinals-2

There were Ruby throated hummingbirds (8) on every patch of Jewel Weed.

We were limited in the flyway because of southern winds but managed to find;
Red tailed hawk-4
American Kestrel-1
Chimney Swifts-6

Thanks to the very sharp eyes of all the bird watchers- today's walk was a
great success!

Good Birding,
Debbie Becker
BirdingAroundNYC.com