Putting the word out for anyone going to Jamaica Bay today.  Yesterday
around 3:45pm, the Brooklyn Bird Club and I observed a medium-sized
shorebird feeding on the North end of the East Pond, about 100 yards south
of Dead Man's Cove.

>From across the pond, and looking into less than ideal light, we observed
it feeding with Stilt Sandpipers and Semipalmated Sandpipers.  Noticed its
long drooping bill, longer than White-rumped Sandpiper or Baird's
Sandpiper, which got us thinking Dunlin, but its long wings and tapered
rear end led us away from that notion and Western Sandpiper. Overall pale
gray, with dark legs.

Curlew Sandpiper fits some of these marks.

Video at full speed.  Bird in question is on the right.  There's a
slow-motion version of this video on the NY Birders Facebook page that
might offer better detail.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuzoMyMdivk

Highly cropped and unfortunately black&white digiscoped photo (thanks Steve
Jobs!) - https://www.flickr.com/photos/88884477@N00/21032630680/

Sorry for the tardiness of the post, but due to the distance and viewing
conditions it was difficult to get a sense of the bird until I had a chance
to review the pics and video today.  Good luck if you go!

Mike Yuan
Brooklyn, NY