On 6/09/17 15:45, Dave Mill wrote:
Thanks, that clears that part up. Its clear that we need to work towards ETSI.

For those playing along at home, like me, wondering what ETSI is in this context, this RIPE presentation slide deck seems to be a place to start:

http://meetings.ripe.net/ripe-48/presentations/ripe48-eof-etsi.pdf

ETSI == European Telecommunications Standards Institute

The various standards seem to have come out of European telco/provider and law enforcement negotiations in the early 2000s. There seem to be quite a bunch of ETSI standards mostly of the ETSI 101 NNN form; at a quick glance ETSI 101 232 seems to be IP delivery, and there are others for email, access services, etc.

The slide deck does include a few example (commercial) products, but note that RIPE 48 is Some Time Ago (fairly early 2000s I think; next to be held is RIPE 75), so that bit is probably well out of date.

On quick searching it's unclear if there is, eg, an existing open source implementation. The opentap.org mentioned at the end of that slide set appears to be gone (replaced by a non-English advertising site).

Ewen

PS: FWIW Wikipedia reports most countries have gone with the ETSI standards for LI:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawful_interception#Technical_description

which at least implies there should be a range of existing tools for it.