From: nznog-boun...@list.waikato.ac.nz
[mailto:nznog-boun...@list.waikato.ac.nz] On Behalf Of Gary Benner
Sent: Wednesday, 6 September 2017 5:18 PM
To: nznog@list.waikato.ac.nz
Subject: Re: [nznog] TICSA and lawful intercept

HI all,

OpenTap seems to have gone away some time ago, but here is an archived page
on what they were about - all documents were database based and no longer
available.

    https://web.archive.org/web/20060213173613/http://www.opentap.org:80/
<https://web.archive.org/web/20060213173613/http:/www.opentap.org:80/>

There's an article here about using another open source project OpenSBC for
LI.

http://blog.tmcnet.com/third-screen/2008/12/opensbc_used_for_lawful_intercep
t_rfc.html

This submission by the TCF is interesting in it's support for Open Source:

http://www.tcf.org.nz/assets/submissions/2016-08-tcf-submission-on-lawful-in
terception-standards-final-1-august-2016.pdf

Innovation by way of Open Source software and hardware must not be impeded
by requiring the mandatory selection of ETSI certified solutions. Such that
Service Providers selection and investment decisions in new technologies is
restricted.
Even where it can be afforded, investing $1,000,000 in LI solutions will
have significant impacts on services as it will divert funds from other
essential service elements such as customer and technical services. Where
reasonable, new Open Source intercept ready applications should be
acceptable

cheers

Gary