Yes Brian, that’s a special offer indeed…

From: nznog-boun...@list.waikato.ac.nz <nznog-boun...@list.waikato.ac.nz> On
Behalf Of brianpars...@subpico.com
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2018 9:49 PM
To: Nathan Ward <nz...@daork.net>
Cc: nznog@list.waikato.ac.nz
Subject: Re: [nznog] Affordable TICSA LI Solution and Support

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click
links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content
is safe.

Hi Nathan,

We dont work with the NSA, and you dont need them to decrypt mobile data there
are many keys used in a heirachy depending on the pairing mobile nodes
eNB/UE/MME/HSS etc, you just need to be on the right interface to catch and
process the exchange Control/User Plane (keys vary) is trivial for LI vendors
like myself who carry key derivation/enc/dec logic and protocol sequencing to
handle such an exchange. eg UE/HSS:CK,IK - a well known mapping is your
USIM/AuC:K. As far as knocking on doors, yes absolutely probably me, i sell and
support what I build and proud of it, but NSA lol, but we sell more off shore -
why is that?

My post was only intended to inform of a local option that could make a
material difference to operators trying to meet their obligations under the ACT.

As an LI provider i have met a couple of your members stung badly after signing
offshore and we couldve helped them, also i was encouraged by the LEAs that
speak at your conference - they obviously cant directly endorse but the spirit
and intention of my post was not to offend just inform. TFE like most LI
vendors do not advertise or market, and there are only a handfull of us OEMs
that build LI solutions the rest are reseller middle men.

As far as OpenLI free it is your developing, thats great but till then
compliance is real, but we wish you all the best. 2050 is when you'l have
enough field experience in CU/FIbre/hardware with ASN.1 + ETSI/CALEA at working
at single thread code level. Lets say you do cobble something together before
then - once you can multithread your kernel (tuplet flows) linerate 200g (64B)
stream + LI let me know, sorry lets make it easy - start with GE @ 1.44 Mpps +
LI and ASN enc over HI => garauntee you a DoS all day and dont even think about
SLAs. But good luck with that, until then TICSA 2017

The point is LI is not just about about Software. Hardware, firmware and real
world field experience is required - how do you handle FEXT/NEXT on upstream
active/passive TAPs can you run in rx only given the requirements and
restrictions on spurious noise and traffic, there are many tech and capability
requirements of the probe/mf which ETSI Parts are you going to do first?.
HA/asymmetric network deployments (non-collo paths), how will you handle this
situ? and TIER 4 support on commercial fabrics (Open generally means zip
support - so i geuss nothing is realtime). If you do all this how will you be
able to demonstrate at any point in time the two core aspects of TICSA 'format
usability' and 'nw readiness'.

We do LI not 'network security', ie. we build the 'device' and MF as descirbed
in the NZ Search and Surveillance Act 2012 and NZ TICSA 2017.

regards

Brian Parsons BE(E&EE) MIEE | CEO TFE | LI TICSA SIGINT

cheers