From: Matt Brown <m...@mattb.net.nz>
Sent: Thursday, 14 July 2022 8:52 AM
To: Richard Hector <rich...@walnut.gen.nz>
Cc: nznog@list.waikato.ac.nz
Subject: [nznog] Re: IPv6 status?

On Thu, Jul 14, 2022 at 12:50 AM Richard Hector <rich...@walnut.gen.nz
<mailto:rich...@walnut.gen.nz> > wrote:

Hi all,

We've passed the 10th anniversary of World IPv6 Launch Day, but it
doesn't seem like we've got very far?

Globally https://www.google.com/intl/en/ipv6/statistics.html shows steady
growth, and just passed the 40% native IPV6 mark. It's slow but steady progress
given the enormity of the protocol changes introduced and the lack of backward
compatibility.

However
https://www.google.com/intl/en/ipv6/statistics.html#tab=per-country-ipv6-adoption
 does show NZ is lagging the average on only 19% - anecdotally, none of the 3
ISPs I've used recently for various residential connections  have made it
possible to get IPv6 - Starlink did for a few months initially, but then it
disappeared when they moved to their NZ routed ranges :(

What happened to the Task Force? The site says it's archived, or is
there a new one?

Cheers,
Richard

Matt Brown