Hi,

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 12:18 PM, Marcel Reutegger <mreut...@adobe.com> wrote:
> see also the 'workspaces & version storage' thread. there I came to the
> conclusion it's better to separate (at least from a read-only perspective).
> I think it makes future implementation of multiple workspaces easier.

I see the point, but note the constraint on the jcr:versionHistory and
jcr:baseVersion reference properties I just mentioned in that thread.
Let's follow up there.

> sounds good to me. though, I initially didn't plan to implement a Validator
> at all ;) the CommitHook should ensure that the modifications it does are
> consistent. but yes, better safe than sorry...

OK. We can start with a pretty trivial VersionValidator that for
example just verifies that the jcr:baseVersion references a nt:version
node within the correct nt:versionHistory node referenced by the
jcr:versionHistory property. It perhaps could also sure that a
specific version label occurs only once within a version history. Most
of the remaining essential validation should already come from the
TypeValidator.

BR,

Jukka Zitting