Da: Davide Giannella [mailto:dav...@apache.org]
Inviato: mercoledì 2 marzo 2016 18:12
A: oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org
Oggetto: Re: Critical questions about OAK

On 01/03/2016 15:33, Ancona Francesco wrote:
> ...2.       Oak esplicitally doesn'i index anything so what's happens
> when i search a document (or node)  the first time ? (this is not
> clear)
>
> a.       The search is delegated always on index server (lucene
> embedded or solr) return a resultset of nodes that match the query.

Oak never delegates to any persistence. It relies on its own query engine.

Oak provides, 4 main index types: traverse, property, lucene and solr.
If no index is defined, or no one is suitable for the provided query, the
Traverse will come to play. It's a built-in index always there that will
traverse the repository in search for the content complying with the query you
provided.

You define the index you need. Please read my previous email where I explained
in more details the "doesn't index anything" aspect as well as the docs around
the query engine. They may not explain how the query engine works but provides
enough details for not having to read the code

http://markmail.org/message/wvq7ggu737ex277b
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/oak/docs/query/query.html

> b.      So mongodb (or RDBMS) is used only to render the metadata or
> content binary
>
> 3.       If i want better performance or i want want full text search
> i have to create some indexes (3 type of indexes lucene, solr and
> property of nodes) that improve efficiency of index server (lucene or
> solr).  These indexes don't have effect on RDBMS or mongodb in which
> these kind of metadata are stored

If you need full-text capabilities, the only two indexes that provides it are
Lucene and Solr. I'd go for lucene if you don't need any solr specific feature.
You'll need to define your own index. You can find details in the docs

http://jackrabbit.apache.org/oak/docs/query/query.html

HTH
Davide

This footnote confirms that this email message has been scanned by PineApp
Mail-SeCure for the presence of malicious code, vandals & computer viruses.