Hmm. Historically the separation came from the way the communities grew up
actually. There were thoughts initially to make OAuth and extension of
OpenID but because I was wary of the politics within the OpenID community, I
pushed for keeping OAuth completely separate and avoid having to do anything
with authentication (so that it could be used with OpenID, but would have
its own adoption curve).
The typo on the homepage was probably my fault, since, being the identity
n00b, I didn't realize the difference until after I went home from the
DevHouse where I put up the homepage after a couple beers. It didn't change
because (apparently!) no one else seemed to read it that closely.

Funny how these things develop -- not always out of explicit intention, but
just because of the time allotted to get the thing out the door!

...as for your idea, George, I think I get it, and it sounds interesting.
Can you give a concrete example where that could be used today?

Chris

--
Chris Messina
Citizen-Participant &