On Apr 25, 1:19 pm, Josh Roesslein <jroessl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes we would need a way to still allow for manually providing these device
> the callback token.
>
> The user can directly visit an authorization URL since their will be no
> callback.
> Example:http://service.example.com/authorize/testconsumer

That's not safe - if the consumer *does* support callbacks, the bad
guy can try to use this flow.  The SP won't know that the consumer
supports callbacks.  Even if there is no callback URL, the authorize
URL must still be signed.

To support consumers that can't receive callbacks in a "signed
authorize URL" world, we would need a separate flow, which is one
argument that was being made in favor of the "signed callback URL"
flow.

(These names are a bit unfortunate - the callback URL gets signed in
either case, just as part of a different request.)