As for the timing to apply this change, I think it would be worth it taking
the extra time to get it right. Most providers I think have already found
quick fixes
to block this session fixation attack. So I don't think we are in immediate
danger, but I could be wrong. Just by adding callback URL signing and
limiting request token swapping to one try should be enough to stop the
session fixation.