On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 1:12 PM, Brian Eaton <bea...@google.com> wrote:

> For apps that can't receive callback URLs, you need a PIN.

Yes we will need to manually pass the callback secrete to the application
(aka the pin).

I think the solution of signed callbacks w/ a callback secrete adequately
closes the security hole
while not drastically changing the protocol or the user experience. In fact
the user won't even be aware of any of these changes
unless the application required the transfer of the pin (the callback
secrete). Before all they had to do is notify the application.

This solution is quick to implement and can be deployed in a timely matter
to close this session fixation flaw.
We can continue working on a future spec that can change the flow some more
or add additional security, but for now we should focus on the current
security threat.
Tackle one issue at a time.