On 4/28/09 12:33 AM, Josh Roesslein wrote:

> Couldn't we verify the user on the consumer-side during the callback URL
> redirect (user returning from SP after authorization)?
> This callback URL has two pieces of data:
>     - Callback secrete: generated by SP after user authorizes consumer
>     - Request token: publicly known, so could be forged by attacker

If and only if the callback URL is protected from tampering.  Since we
cannot guarantee the consumer secret and request token secret to be ...
well, secret ... there's no way to guarantee in ALL cases that the
callback URL will be protected from tampering.

--
Dossy Shiobara              | do...@panoptic.com | http://dossy.org/