Well, that was my reason when I put it there...

> The handling of the
> HTTP request flow is very important, and the fact that we need a way
> to signify that it has changed underscores that.

And eventually this will be addressed by discovery because we are going to have
more than one authorization flow and each will have its own set of endpoints
and parameters.

> No version changes required, no "oob" value for the callback parameter
> required, either.

For the new flow (rev A), there are three options:

1. Verifier + Callback
2. Verifier + Manual entry
3. No verifier + manual 'continue'

I am ok with:

1. oauth_callback with valid URI
2. Empty oauth_callback
3. No oauth_callback

But I need to hear from library developers that this will work and not break on
some platforms.

Now, as for the old flow:

1. oauth_callback present in 2nd step
2. No oauth_callback anywhere

#2 is the same as #3 above (and if we use the lack of parameter as indication,
it will be identical in practice). #1 is up for each server to decide how to
handle (scary warning, error, etc.).

---

So I guess the proposal is:

oauth_callback in 1st step:

- Present with value - include verifier in callback and require to exchange
tokens
- Present with empty value - display verifier to user and require to exchange
tokens
- Not included in request - no verifier requirement if allowed by the server,
potential stronger warning

oauth_callback in 2nd step:

- Present and wasn't in 1st step - no verifier requirement if allowed by the
server, potential stronger warning (should be deprecated eventually)
- Present in both 1st and 2nd steps - error
- Not included in redirection - no verifier requirement if allowed by the
server, potential stronger warning

EHL