seriously, I don't understand the reluctance to increment
oauth_version. The new implementation is going to require work from
both SPs and consumers, and neither is really going to know if other
has upgraded without actually running the flow. At least, by
incrementing the version, both the SP and the Consumer definitively
know the required flow.

The current approach seems more like a M$ product trying to maximise
interoperability not a security protocol, that wants to be taken
seriously.