Hello,
I am currently working on an OAuth provider for Android. As such any
application could use the OAuth application across the device
ecosystem. The idea would be that the OAuth application has already
been authorized to a majority of OAuth enabled sites and let other
application use that information for sending request to those sites.
As such it would be useful to have an API key per device instead of
per application. So each device (mobile user) would have its own key
which could be used by several application.

For instance, I have a tweeter key used by several application (e.g.
jogging application A would send a tweet when finished, movie
application B would send a tweet when the user saves a movie, game
application C would send a tweet when a new record is reached). For
each of the above application, instead of having 3 api key (1 per
app), it would be better to have a single key for the device used
across the device.

I understand the security restriction here but my OAuth app checks the
number of request and let the user deactivate any application which
would seem malicious etc...

Currently I have my own keys but if I have my app deployed on a
numerous devices, my key would be deactivated because of the number of
request. As such 1 key per device is more convenient.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Carl