Sunir Shah wrote:
> I have a stupid question.
This is a great question.

>  When I hit the authorization page, Flickr
> claims it is a trusted Yahoo! application. How does Flickr know that?
> Is it relying on the consumer key and secret? My impression is that
> those could be compromised in a heartbeat. Or is it doing something
> more clever?

There is no known way to securely identify downloadable client
applications, so another client application could also pretend to be the
app.

That being said, the auth UI clearly says that the user is being asked
to authorize the Flickr for iPhone app, so users who see this screen
would probably think it was strange if they were installing a different app.

Allen