My understanding is that you do not want to even prompt the user for
their username and password.  Effectively you want to set up a, as
mentioned before, valet credential system.  It's not the real key,
just enough to make the car go.

To that end we have taken an approach of letting the user know that
they can link their account to alternate services.  In order to allow
that, they have to create a credential they that is not their username
or password.  It's an extra step for the user to be sure.  But it
communicates to the user that:

1) Other systems are available in the world that might ask for this credential
2) This credential is not their username or password, so the core of
their account is safe, and they will only be asked for their username
and password on our site.

It also ensures that the worst a phisher could get is partial account
access, assuming the "partial" information is not sensitive, all is
well.

Granted, someone could just spoof the site, but that is a threat no
matter what, at some point the user has to take responsibility for
themselves.  I don't leave my credit cards laying around in public
overnight assuming everything will be fine.

That's my 2 cents though.  I don't have a problem with the redirect.