At the risk of betraying my SAML roots, I'd suggest that if name-space
and typing like functionality is desired, we not try and reinvent the
wheel and actually use a schema.  After all, <oauth_parameter
name="oauth_token"> is effectively an attempt at nonstandard
namespacing and  <access_token type="string"> is the same kind of
thing for data typing.  XML Schema has its issues and I'm sure many on
this list are not fans, but it is a standard and there are open source
and commercial tools that support it.  And it's pretty easy to ignore
for implementations that don't want to care about it.  I could draft
something up, if there is interest.

Alternatively, keeping things really simple, along the lines of what
Justin suggested, might make sense as well.   Data types are
implied/known by the names and any extensions or proprietary
parameters will just have to make sure they don't have name conflicts.
 As far as I can tell, this is already the case with the other
response types so it doesn't seem like a problem to have the same
limitations for XML.