Why client developers? How does it make their life easier?

An approach I'm more comfortable with is to redefine 'type' as the type of
authorization grant provided: refresh_token, user_basic, verification_code,
assertion. And if we use the name 'type', I would change the 'type' parameter
on the end-user authorization endpoint to something else such as the proposed
'response_type'. Otherwise change it to 'grant_type' or something like that.

EHL