All of the OAuth 1.0 implementations which I'm aware of either have
the server provide a shared secret to the client or the client upload
their public key to the server.

In the case of the server providing a shared secret to the client,
what would the value of key_id be?

In the case of a client uploading their public key to the server, what
would the value of key_id be?

Thanks,
--David