It was discussed before, but I don't remember there being any consensus
in the group. What are the practical reasons for not using "oauth2"
namespacing in the one place we still use namespacing? Most of what I've
heard seems to sound like "I don't like it to have a 2 on it".

I don't want to have to set up the OAuth 2 system to have to catch
failed cases of the OAuth 1 protocol. A good OAuth 2 call and a bad
OAuth 1 call should be distinguishable from the start. Also, what about
when we finally get a signed-request going? I would assume that that's
going to add back in things like oauth_signature, oauth_nonce, and the
other parameters whose absence you should filter on.

 -- Justin