> > It was discussed before, but I don't remember there being any consensus
> > in the group. What are the practical reasons for not using "oauth2"
> > namespacing in the one place we still use namespacing? Most of what I've
> > heard seems to sound like "I don't like it to have a 2 on it".
>
> I don't like it to have a 2 in it.

OK, I would. :)

> > I don't want to have to set up the OAuth 2 system to have to catch
> > failed cases of the OAuth 1 protocol. A good OAuth 2 call and a bad
> > OAuth 1 call should be distinguishable from the start. Also, what about
> > when we finally get a signed-request going? I would assume that that's
> > going to add back in things like oauth_signature, oauth_nonce, and the
> > other parameters whose absence you should filter on.
>
> The latest signature discussions have all focused on a single,
> self-contained, signed parameter that includes both data and signature. I
> think it's unlikely that we will introduce the plethora of parameters that we
> had in OAuth 1.0.

Yeah, I'd noticed that; but those all stemmed around cryptographic
verification of the token itself, and not the request that contained the
token. There seems to be a lot of interest in coming up with a way for
the AS to sign the token so that the PR can verify its authenticity, but
what about the original use case of the PR being able to verify the
authenticity of the call?

 -- Justin