where is the relation between token version and HTTP authentication scheme version?

regards,
Torsten.

Am 15.07.2010 23:34, schrieb Naitik Shah:
I though we'd come to a decision on the versioning too :) IMHO, it's better to push this burden of versioning into the token itself if necessary. I think it's better from a developers perspective to pass an oauth_token, because it's cleaner. Most deployments will already have versioned tokens to enable upgrading these for internal changes, so why can't the OAuth version be contained in there too? Given the option to simplify the implementation for a API provider (Big Company, or someone who has to know how OAuth works) vs API consumer (Developer, or someone who usually just wants some data), I hope everyone agrees our focus should be the Developer.

While we (Facebook) didn't have OAuth 1.0 tokens to deal with and so don't have the same backward compatibility issues, we've already changed our tokens and introduced new ones a couple of times and this had no impact on the parameter name being used.

-Naitik