> Third, I think the implementers guide is  absolutely essential.
> (Interestingly enough, the discussion of white spaces vs. commas in
> yesterday's thread has effectively started this work.) In my opinion,
> this item must be carried in parallel with others. I wonder if this
> should be tied up with use cases. The use cases drive the protocol
> definition and then effectively become the testing tool for the
> protocol. Thus, for every use case, the guide could show an example
> implementation.

This is what I'd had in mind when I brought up the implementers guide. I
think we're seeing some common collections of stuff, profiles based on
real use cases. So a person saying "I want to build a PR server that
supports the webserver grant profile and the display extension", or
someone saying "I want to build a client for the Facebook collection of
stuff" will have a document that tells them exactly what to do at each
step. The spec itself splits things out into their normative places, but
someone building a component is going to want to just know what
arguments to put on each request.

 -- Justin