From: oauth-boun...@ietf.org [mailto:oauth-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Brian
Campbell
Sent: Thursday, December 09, 2010 1:38 PM
To: oauth
Subject: [OAUTH-WG] Couple questions on draft-ietf-oauth-v2-bearer-01 security
considerations

I know draft-ietf-oauth-v2-bearer-01 has been discussed a fair bit, however, a
couple things jumped out at me in areas that hadn't received much attention yet
so I wanted to raise the questions on a separate thread.

Near the end of section 3.2. Threat Mitigation, it says:

" Furthermore, the resource server MUST ensure that it only hands out
   tokens to clients it has authenticated first and authorized.  For
   this purpose, the client MUST be authenticated and authorized by the
   resource server. "

Was the intent here to say authorization server rather than resource server?
The resource server doesn't hand out tokens. Also, aren't there legitimate
cases where the client isn't authenticated (anonymous or other cases where the
client can't keep secrets)?

Then it says:

"The authorization server MUST also receive a
   confirmation (the consent of the resource owner) prior to providing a
   token to the client."

Does this allow for implicit consent? On my first read of it, I interpret this
as potentially being more restrictive than what is in
draft-ietf-oauth-v2-11