In my mind, the simplest normalized request string has one line for each
name=value query parameter. If there are no parameters, there are no lines. The
confusion in the current text seems due to some new line chars coming from
section 3.3.1 and others from 3.3.1.1. It would be better for latter to return
a sorted array of name=value strings, and the former to output them one pair
per line.

My suggested text:

3.3.1. Normalized Request String
  9. Each query parameter from the HTTP request URI
     (each on its own line name=value\n),
     after being normalized and sorted
     as described in section 3.3.1.1

3.3.1.1. Parameters Normalization
[drop step 4 "...sorted parameters are concatenated..."
[drop the last 2 paragraphs, after the "Sorted" table.
This part of the example is already repeated at the
end of section 3.3.1. anyway.]

--
James Manger