-Doug Tangren
http://lessis.me

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 1:41 PM, Chuck Mortimore
<cmortim...@salesforce.com>wrote:

>  Updated in language I just sent out – thanks.
>
> On that note, we currently return refresh_token using the implicit grant
> type under certain controlled circumstances.   Facebook in turn uses the
> implicit grant type, and simply issues long term access_tokens.
>
> Are there any strong objections to adding optional support for
> referesh_token on the implicit grant along with security considerations?

I was under the impression that one should not issue a refresh_token in an
implicit grant flow because in order to make a refresh_token request call,
you'd need send client credentials including the clients secret which an
implicit client can not store securely.

I think there is still a usability issue with the implicit flow in general
where there is no way in the spec to obtain an access token without
re-asking the user for authorization a second time even if the user has
already authorized your client.