We have have need for all three types

For web apps, we use web server flow with credentials, and can escalate some
capabilities for the client since we can be more assured we're talking to the
actual client.

For native apps, we support:

 1.  the implicit grant ( but we wont give out a refresh token to web/js based
applications )
 2.  the web server flow with a user+client_id specific secret which we can
issue through an admin controlled provisioning process.  In this case we can
also escalate capabilities as we're reasonably sure we're talking to an
instance of the client.

For JS Apps we support the implicit grant with no refresh token

-cmort

On 6/1/11 12:16 AM, "Brian Eaton" <bea...@google.com> wrote:

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 12:08 AM, Chuck Mortimore
<cmortim...@salesforce.com> wrote:
> This is one reason we've favored implicit for native apps.

OK, so are you using the implicit grant for both web apps and native
apps...?  I'm trying to figure out if you need two flows are three.

- web server flow
   used with real secret client credentials
   gives out long-lived tokens

- native app flow
   doesn't have real secret client credentials
   gives out long-lived tokens

- implicit flow for javascript apps
   gives out short-lived tokens based on callback URLs

(We need all three of those flows, BTW, plus at some point we'll get
around to implementing a javascript flow that returns authorization
codes, and a web server flow that provides short-lived credentials...
but those are lower priority.)