On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 1:41 AM, Skylar Woodward <sky...@kiva.org> wrote:
> Verifyable and Forgeable were the best terms we've come up with so far in
> attempt to put a label on "apps that can keep secrets" and "apps that can't
> keep secrets," respectively.

You might be on to something there.  There are two ways clients are
authenticated in the spec.

- client credentials
- registered callback URLs

People are combining them in interesting ways.  And there is stuff
outside the spec, such as the app-to-app authentication built into
smart phone platforms.  (This is used heavily in the facebook
developer platform.  We use it on Android, not on iPhone yet.)

I haven't tried it yet, but I suspect organizing the security
considerations based on how your client authenticates would be
constructive.

> (Some web apps might not be able to keep secrets based on open development or
> deployment model).

Can you clarify what you mean by this?

What flows are you using for those apps?