Dave, Skylar,

the assumption of the OAuth 2.0 security threat model (http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lodderstedt-oauth-security-01#section-4.1) is that client secrets, which are distributed with applications, cannot reliably kept confidential. Therefore the advice is given to use other means to validate the client identity (e.g. user consent, platform security measures).

I would highly appreciate if you would review this document and give us feedback.

thanks in advance,
Torsten.