Hi Tony,

I had to start somewhere. I had chosen the asymmetric version since it provides
good security properties and there is already the BrowserID/OBC work that I had
in the back of my mind. I am particularly interested to illustrate that you can
accomplish the same, if not better, characteristics than BrowserID by using
OAuth instead of starting from scratch.

Regarding the symmetric keys: The asymmetric key can be re-used but with a
symmetric key holder-of-the-key you would have to request a fresh one every
time in order to accomplish comparable security benefits.

Ciao
Hannes