On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 3:19 PM, Hannes Tschofenig <hannes.tschofe...@gmx.net
> wrote:

> Hi Jerome,
>
> you raise a good and important point.
>
> A core part of the OAuth specification is to obtain the consent of the
> resource owner. If you look at Section 1.3 of
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-v2-31 you see the different
> authorization grants that are supported. Except for the client credential
> authorization grant every other grant type requires a protocol exchange to
> obtain the permission from the resource owner.
>
> The threats document discusses the importance of the consent mechanism in
> more detail.
>
> However, the actual screen (and the importance of the UI representation)
> is not standardized. Most standardization organizations do not standardize
> the look-and-feel of the actual permission screen. Having said that I
> believe it is a very important aspect of every identity management protocol
> and there is research available. Maybe someone should put a page with a few
> links together to illustrate the current state of the art and the best
> current practice.

This is not an oauth issue but an application UX issue dating back to oauth
1.

Many service providers offer an "authorize" endpoint that always asks for
authorization (safer for the user but less convenient) and "authenticate"
endpoint that skips authorization if the user previously authorized the app
(more convenient but less safe).