Hi Peter,

Fair enough.  I'll take an action item to read RFC 6365 and review the related
text accordingly.

The main point of my commentary was that the processing of the parsed JSON
would be the same no matter what the original encoding used was.

For what it's worth, I think that the two paragraphs quoted from the recent
OpenID Connect Registration draft use the terminology correctly (but again,
I'll read RFC 6365 in a bit and try to check for myself).  If they don't (since
you're volunteering to read , brave man that you are :-) ), suggested
corrections would be appreciated.  They're repeated below...

                                Thanks again,
                                -- Mike

Human-readable Client Metadata values and Client Metadata values that reference
human-readable values MAY be represented in multiple languages and scripts. For
example, values such as client_name, tos_uri, policy_uri, logo_uri, and
client_uri might have multiple locale-specific values in some Client
registrations.

…

If such a human-readable field is sent without a language tag, parties using it
MUST NOT make any assumptions about the language, character set, or script of
the string value, and the string value MUST be used as-is wherever it is
presented in a user interface. To facilitate interoperability, it is
RECOMMENDED that any human-readable fields sent without language tags contain
values suitable for display on a wide variety of systems.