This is the first time this draft has come up on the list so people coming up
to speed is to be expected.

In WS-Trust the security tokens are not tied to a single representation.
/wst:RequestSecurityToken/wst14:ActAs
This OTPIONAL element indicates that the requested token is expected to contain
information about the identity represented by the content of this element and
the token requestor intends to use the returned token to act as this identity.
The identity that the requestor wants to act-as is specified by placing a
security token or <wsse:SecurityTokenReference> element within the
<wst14:ActAs> element.

Is clear that the resulting token contains information about the identity
represented by the security token passed as the content of the ActAs element
and that the requester wants to act-as is that identity.

Depending on the resulting security token that may be represented differently.
 Nothing explicitly states that the identity of the requester is in the
resulting token, however when SAML tokens are used it typically is represented
along with the identity to act-as.

OnBehalfOf being older was treated as a proxy type request On-Behalf-Of the
initial subject resulting in a token for the Original subject that may have
been used by another party such as the requester.

So Sec 1.3 may be trying to describe composite tokens vs single subject tokens
that may be beyond the scope of those token independent parameters in WS-Trust.

It is probably fair to say that from the way those parameters are implemented
for SAML tokens in many if not all STS the description seems backwards.

Having something that describes how the output token varies based on input for
typical token types might help make it more concrete for people.

John B.