Thanks everyone for the comments.

It sounds like we have multiple dimensions to introspection features and
requirements:

* there are UMA cases,
* corporate third-party AS-RS relationships (e.g. the RS chooses a third-party
AS),
* multi-vendor cases,
* tooling/library cases,

There’s also federation cases. Federated authorization seems like a different
problem than federated authentication from a trust perspective.

Another dimension to this is methodology:
1.  Lookup by token / token id / reference
2.  Query by token / token id / reference
3.  Passing standardized information in a standardized token format or token
URI.

There may be some complex privacy issues involved as well. For example, in many
cases, the desire is to allow authz information *only* the actual content owner
/ delegator may be intentionally pseudonymous.

I would support first developing a use case document to figure out if there is
an appropriate pattern that can satisfy (and simplify) a majority of cases.

Phil

@independentid
www.independentid.com
phil.h...@oracle.com