Hi Thomas— The UMA Work Group that produced the “RSR” (OAuth Resource Set
Registration) spec has an outstanding issue to fix the BCP190 issue that you
point out. Since it’s a backwards-incompatible change, and we are taking a
semantic versioning approach, we need to plot it out appropriately. We
certainly welcome other comments. The V1.0.1 draft spec is currently in a
public review period
<http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/uma/Home>, closing Nov 2.

(Small tweak to Justin’s note: This spec is meant not to be specific to UMA,
but rather to be potentially usable for “vanilla” OAuth and OpenID Connect as
well.)

        Eve

Eve Maler | cell +1 425.345.6756 | Skype: xmlgrrl | Twitter: @xmlgrrl |
Calendar: xmlg...@gmail.com