Some people want exactly that behaviour.  If the user approves scope A on
device a and scope B on device b, they want both to have scopes A & B.

Given that many AS are custom built for a specific service this can work for
them.   It really depends on the API/Service what policy you want.

When doing a generic library if it is not selectable someone will complain
because they wanted it the other way.

Personally I don’t like that approach but perhaps people like twitter etc know
better.

John B.