Hi

David Lingard has not lived in Obs for the past 5-6years.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Antonio Gandalf's" <antoniotr...@yahoo.com>
To: "The Observatory Neighbourhood watch" <obsnw@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2009 1:40 AM
Subject: [obsnw] Re: Gandalf's

This is a message I sent to David Lingard awhile ago.

Gandalf’s Camera Proposal

For the past 9 years I’ve been the owner, manager, barman and what
ever else was needed to keep Gandalf’s running, working 16-24hrs a day
everyday but now it’s time for me to take a small brake but before I
do to ensure that it keeps running the way I want it to I will be
installing a 16 camera system.
Gandalf’s has always been plagued by vicious rumors mostly thought up
by our competitors but here let me state some facts about Gandalf’s
and myself.
• Gandalf’s has been in operation for 9 years with a strict zero
tolerance to crime position.
• We have worked closely with the police in the past to varied degrees
including as informant.
• The SAP are allowed free run at Gandalf’s and have never been
hampered with any of there operations or regular checks.
• We work closely with our neighbors and are in constant contact with
them.
• My cell number is available to all my neighbors and they use it
whenever they need help or have any problems.
• We post regular security guards in roads in our immediate area.
• I do regular patrols on my own and with my security.
• Gandalf’s is one of the few places in Obz that has an entertainment
license.
• When we first moved into the area crime of all sorts was a huge
problem.
• Initially any criminals we caught were sent to the SAP but this did
not seem to work 7/8 years ago, they were out within a day or two
laughing at us, not the fault of the SAP but our judicial system were
criminals seem to have more rights than we do, so we took matters into
our own hands and this has brought me into trouble with the SAP with
numerous assault and assault gbh charges brought against me but any of
the guys we did catch have since then not been back and crime in our
small patrolled area is almost nonexistent.
My belief is criminals take away our rights everyday so why should we
give them theirs and if this makes me as bad as them I would rather
have that than be controlled by them. “Obz Central” is a regular war
zone and if a more hardcore approach to criminals is not taken soon we
will have no hope to clean up our town.
To help control crime even more we will offer two cameras to the
community. Unfortunately both cameras will have to be close enough to
Gandalf’s for us to monitor it. One of these has already been booked
by residents in Cole Street the other suggestion would be the road
directly behind Gandalf’s. At a later stage if this works we will be
glad to include more cameras but as I’m sure you are all aware they do
not come cheap.
Camera information:
• As far as I know there are no running costs.
• We install the camera run a split line if possible, one to the
proposed resident and one to Gandalf's were it's recorded on a hard
drive on a seven day cycle period
• All video footage will only be available to the residents covered by
the camera provided they are accompanied by a member of the SAP,
Neighborhood watch or CPF.
• All video footage recorded by the 16 cameras at Gandalf's will be
available at all times to members of the SAP, Neighborhood watch or
CPF.
• Maintenance will be covered by Gandalf’s if the cash is available.
• All residents covered by the system will be given sign stating that
they are being monitored.
• We will also offer five residents in the area an infrared outdoor
light to be installed ASAP by the resident.
• This system will not prevent crime but will hopefully offer a
deterrent.

If you have any more queries you can contact me on 0833300700 or by e-
mail. All I ask is some patience, we only start our indoor
installation in a week and that will hopefully only take two weeks,
the outdoor installations besides the two cameras I’m offering will
take another week and the final two cameras should only take two days.

Your plans for the area sound good and yes you can add me to the
Google group. I do regular patrols on my own and with my security let
me know what the “green routes” are so that I may add it to my own
area of patrols.
Zero Tolerance.
Antonio.

And now today I apear to be a target.
What does surprise me though is after 9 years the worst complaint I
have is the tagging up and down lower main rd and since you guys are
convinced that every tag is done my alternative clientele because it
is so much easier to blame people that are different, why not blame
them for everything else lets forget about the fact that I am the only
night club owner that does regular patrols on my own, I am the only
night club owner prepared to pay for security in the road bouncers not
your wanabee car guards lets forget about the track record we have
with the police instead we will admit to every single tag done the
same tags you will find outside Roots, Obz Café, Spar, Cape Town,
Stellenbosch…ect.. ect..ect.
Yes Brian I realize that you have never liked me but you have been
down to Gandalf’s several times before and after you cleared me.
I made a promise to you back then and I’ve kept it I keep my area as
clean as possible, I hate taggers and keep them away from my premise I
don’t want the area to go to waist that’s just bad business no one
wants to go to an area if it looks like a sh#t hole.
As for the article written 5 years ago in 2004 it’s quite obvious that
this person was a client of mine when we opened and only played Goth
and is now unhappy about the fact that we now include a more diverse
style of  music not very popular with Goths, but includes 80’s, pop,
rock and metal.

On Feb 2, 11:42 am, Jonathan Endersby <arbitraryu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Perhaps I'm missing something here, but I'm pretty sure that if we ask
> Inspector Nel & co they'll pick a random night to go and pay them a visit.
>
> If he's got underage kids in his venue then we just need to make sure he
> loses his license.
>
> J.
>
> 2009/2/2 Kris Marais <dreamsn...@yebo.co.za>
>

> > If this article is accurate Brian.
>
> > Your intuition back then has proven to be right on the 'rusty spike'
>
> > Like your idea of the community setting its own guidelines for approving
> > or
> > opposing liquor licenses.
>
> > 'Tick the boxes' check list including the agreed criteria.
>
> > Kris

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
6:37 PM