> The Obslife is unfortunately a
> sad little brochure with a whole lot of advertising and a few
> articles, which may or may not arrive at our doorsteps.
> I think the Obsid should have a budget for communication,

Ouch. I hope Melanie means Obz News, which is not to be confused with
ObsLife, the newspaper that I put together once a month.
At this stage ObsLife is not full of ads, but I'm working on it in the
hope that it can carry even more local news than it does at the
moment.
The OBSID sponsors the centre spread in the newspaper from its
communication budget so as to get information out to Obs residents who
do not have internet access. ObsLife remains an independent newspaper
and will not hesitate to carry newsworthy criticism of the OBSID.
Please let me know if ever you don't receive your monthly edition of
ObsLife. It helps me enormously to improve the door-to-door
distribution, which is being supplemented by bulk distributions
through shops such as our Kwikspar.
Meanwhile, can I email a PDF version of December's ObsLife to anyone?
It's 2.4 meg. I'll see if I can get it smaller.
Barrie