----- Alkuperäinen viesti -----
> > Yeah, perhaps the property should be called "TechnologyPreference" with
> > values
> > "any", "2G", "3G", "4G". For now at least.
>
> so what about the magic CDMA + UMTS combo chips. We basically have to
> reload the firmware with these. Would be nice to figure out on how that
> can be done. Not that we know much about how Qualcomm intends to use
> that in a phone case scenario, but would be nice to at least think about
> it a bit.

I'm not at all sure toggling between CDMA and UMTS is going to work smoothly
enough for it to be done at this interface level. It sounds more like disabling
one modem and enabling another. And I'm sure there are other areas in the API
that are going to need tweaking for CDMA. I would rather cross that bridge when
we come to it.

> Also I wanted you to ask about the data roaming. Does the Nokia modem
> has an option to NOT data roam that we can set. The problem with doing
> it in the host is that a bit of data goes through if you start roaming
> and have a PDP context active. So it costs the user. At least some
> reports indicate this. Does your modem forces a detach or does it just
> happily data roam and just give us a cell update?

You mean PDP contexts survive a network change? I don't think they do. Sounds
like a bug in the application.

The Nokia modems have a setting to automatically attach, but that doesn't yet
move any data.

Cheers,
Aki

--