On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 10:50 PM, Denis Kenzior <denk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The second descriptor (what ipc.c and ipc.h deal with) is used to pass
> the SCO fd to PulseAudio or gStreamer.  This fd is used for Audio.
> Marcel or Johan might know better, but I think the reason for ipc.c and
> ipc.h was that DBus did not support fd-passing at the time BlueZ audio
> integration work was being done.

Thanks for the help.

I have a few more questions. I got my own small app connecting to the
audio server and I am able to read/write fromt he sco socket.

However it seems the MTU is hard-coded int audio/unix.c to 48.

Where does this 48 comes from? I come from the TDM open source world,
where typical configuration for TDM devices is 160 (160 bytes of
alaw/ulaw, 160 samples, each 20ms).

Is there any way to change that socket MTU to 160 or 320 (depending if
it's either SLN16 or alaw/mulaw?

How can I know the format for the audio?

I'll keep digging in pulseaudio to see if I find the answer ...

Moises Silva
Senior Software Engineer
Sangoma Technologies Inc. | 100 Renfrew Drive, Suite 100, Markham ON
L3R 9R6 Canada
t. 1 905 474 1990 x128 | e. m...@sangoma.com