Hi Rajesh,

> >Considering support GSM + CDMA dual mode, it is necessary to let
upper
> layer to
> >know the type of the modem currently in use. My proposed solution is
> add a
> >property 'Type' in modem atom to indicate it. The following is the
> definition
> >of the property:
> >
> >string Type [readonly]
> >
> >Type of the modem. The possible values are:
> > "gsm" - the modem is a GSM modem
> > "cdma" - the modem is a CDMA modem
> > "unknown" - the modem is neither a GSM modem nor
> >             a CDMA modem
>
> As there are also Multimode modems(both GSM and CDMA), Property name
> Type would be misleading.

Generally, Multimode modem will have different devices. So it can be
regarded as
two different modems. E.g. There is a multimode modem, there are two
device files for
Echo mode: such as /dev/ttyUSB0(for GSM) and /dev/ttyUSB1(for CDMA).

Of course, there may be multimode modem that only offers one device
file, or other
similar cases. It seems it is very hard to support this case in ofono
currently.

> string ModemAccessTechnology [readonly]
>
> Current Access Technology of the Modem.
> The Possible values are:
> "gsm" - the current modem access technology is GSM
> "cdma" - the current modem access technology is CDMA

Best regards
Caiwen